Monday, May 4, 2009

What a game!

As previously mentioned, a lot, Chris hit a Grand Slam tonight, which boosted the Rockies to their 9-6 win against the Padres. Chris is awesome.
Tulo did not do too bad. I am pleased with his last at bat. Now, why would I be pleased with him hitting into a double play that ends the top of the 9th? I am pleased with how he handled himself after the AB, when he didn't make it onto base. He almost threw his helmet, but he didn't. He kept his cool. I think he may have said damn and he was angry, but he didn't throw a tantrum. Congrats Tulo!
Ok, onto real facts. The important stuff: stats!
Tulo: 1-3 the double in the 2nd; 2 runs, 2 RBIs and one walk. His average is at .213.
Iannetta: 2-4 one of those being his Grand Slam; 1 run, 4 RBIs and wasn't even walked. That surprises me, he normally can draw out at least one walk. His average has gone up to .196.
A note about Chris's GS. That was his second career GS. I was there to witness his first one and I witnessed the second one. Chris is awesome! (I missed Tulo GS last year because I was watching football.)

Ian Stewart was thrown in at third at the end of the game. For the bottom of the ninth he was out there. Big whoop. According to Thomas Harding, Ian Stewart is slumping. I know the reason why Ian is slumping, me. Ok, that's not the real reason, but I'm just trying to be funny. Here's that article: Slumping Stewart given work day. Thanks Thomas!

Article about tonight's game: Iannetta's grand slam buoys Rox- Troy Renck, Denver Post

No comments: