Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Finally A Victory!

Recap of Last Night's Win

Well, after what felt to be 100 losses, the Rockies pulled out a win yesterday! And it was a good win too!

It looked a bit hairy there at times, and I'm gonna admit to you all that I crashed halfway through the top of the 8th inning. I was really tired though, and my bed was so cozy warm! Plus I had a Spanish test today so I guess it is best that I went to bed.

But, I am thrilled with the win last night. We needed that so badly, not only for our record but to boost our spirits a little bit.

Despite the win, one bad thing did happen. As I am sure you all know, Franklin Morales left the game in the third inning due to soreness in his arm. Frankie is listed as "day-to-day" and will probably miss his next start. There is talk that Jason Hammel may start. Click here for more.

Well, I'm not going to pretend this injury doesn't bother me. I am mostly worried about the idea of Hammel starting. Remember when Taylor Buchholz started a couple games for us in 200...7? I think it was 2007. But yeah, that was iffy. Of course the difference is that Taylor never wanted to start while Hammel would like to.


Rockies All-Stars


In other news, Thomas Harding has posted one of his most exciting articles yet(at least in my opinion) on the Rockies website. Could Brad Hawpe be an All-Star this season? Click here to see what Mr. Harding thinks.

I'm sure you know what I think! I've been saying all off season that this is going to be "Hawpe's year" and I am going to stick by that all season. I just hope he doesn't prove me wrong. Have I mentioned on here before how much I love Brad Hawpe? He is such a key player on our team, he has the ability to carry this team, and yet he has hardly any national attention. Oh wait, this is the Rockies of course our players don't have media attention. Hawpe could totally make the All-Star game, especially with our help! Don't forget to vote ladies! We can begin voting online on TODAY. And of course there will be paper ballots at the park. Anyway, I just need to shout out to my best friend in the whole world Sarah who is one of Hawper's biggest fans!


Random Stuff


So...do you know who is the biggest...idiot in all of baseball? Maybe idiot isn't the best word. But I sure enjoy making fun of him. Milton Bradley. Do you all remember when he went crazy on Bud Black and the ump against us? The same game where Garrett Atkins hit one of the most hilarious in-the-park homeruns ever? Well I know this was random, but I just have to tell you how much I laugh when I see Milton...I saw he was going to be suspended again, it must have been over ruled, and I fell out of my chair. Who do you guys like to make fun of? haha.


So the Rockies play the D'Bags...excuse me, the D'Backs again today. We have De La Rosa on the mound against Dan Haren. Should be a fun game.

And to those of you who have facebook accounts, you totally need to check out the Beat the Streak application. You pick a player that you think will get a hit and try and get the longest streak of hitters. I've picked Brad Hawpe for the last three days...day one wasn't so great. But last night worked out okay. It is really fun so try it!

Oh yeah...new poll up! Please vote without bias, you know what I mean. :P Also, that last poll results say that we think Dexter Fowler will steal the most bases this season! We'll see!

Go Rockies!

12 comments:

Cut6Tulo2Netta20 said...

I was happy to see them win also.
Voted 10 times today for the All-Star game. Of course I voted for Tulo and Iannetta. Even though they have been struggling at the plate; in their defensive positions, they rock.
And, I am going to get my TACO BELL!

Anonymous said...

Good job voting Misty! I voted for all the Rockies and Matt Holliday...and Grady Sizemore. Keep it up! I have two email addresses so I am gonna vote 25 times on each eventually!

I wish I was in CO so I could have the taco bell!

Cut6Tulo2Netta20 said...

I voted only 10 on the main e-mail, but I have like 4 others I think. Two more mail.com addresses and 2 AOL addresses. I gotta get my friend to vote too. I want Tulo and Iannetta there. I want them to hit the ball more first.

And one last tidbit...
I don't dislike Ian Stewart anymore...

In fact, he's actually kinda cute. *blushes and runs away*

Anonymous said...

Haha. Stewart is an interesting guy. Sometimes I hate him, and sometimes I like him. Sometimes I find him cute, and sometimes I find him ugly.

haha.

Cut6Tulo2Netta20 said...

There was the wedding thing that bugged me, but I found something out that changed my mind about that (still can't say that Steven Register is a favorite of mine though). But something that bugged me about Ian was that his wife is the daughter of one of the Triple A Colo. Springs coaches (I think). Oh well, such is life.

Anonymous said...

I think that is adorable! Haha

Cut6Tulo2Netta20 said...

I'm realizing that if they're happy, I should just be happy for them. My prince is waiting, he's just kinda annoying to me still. But that's the way it goes in the movies right? The lost girl meets her prince who annoys the heck out of her, then the girl realizes that the prince is the man of her dreams and finally comes to her senses. That'll be me. Well that was the plot summary of The Prince and Me.
Besides, the guy that loves me, he is willing to let me name our child Cutler Tulowitzki. That's true love on his part right there.

Kap said...

Ha! I remember the Milton game! They said G lost 10lbs running the bases. The guys in the outfield helped to make up for the bogus call against G's homer the night before.
I laugh, or is it cringe at Jason Giambi all the time. He thinks he's such a stud, but he is just icky. All Roidy and greasey. Ewwwwwww!

Anonymous said...

Giambi looks like some sort of garbage-eating fly. He's gross.

I've never seen The Prince and Me, Misty. I always thought it looked...weird? I dunno. But you're right, the person you are looking for is there and has probably been right in front of your face all along.

However, that must not be the case for me haha.

Kap said...

The Prince and Me was fun. Nice light hearted stuff. And great mower racing!

Tiffany said...

The Prince and Me? Who's in that? Is Hilary Duff in that? I'm not really into the girly romance stuff because I hate how Hollywood fluffs everything up like that. That's probably why I'll die a spinster with 874 cats. Yessssss, go me.

Cut6Tulo2Netta20 said...

The Prince and Me has Julia Stiles in it.