Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Game Day... And I was there!

So today was the last game of this series against the San Diego Padres. I had awesome seats... Thank you Tiffany. You are awesomeness, so is Denver Health. And whoever else allows you to get such a great deal on such great seats. Anyway...
I got to Coors really early, well early enough to check out BP. I didn't go anywhere that I could get a ball, just got tons of pictures of Chris, Troy, Clint and Ian. (This time I had lots and lots and lots of pictures of Ian.) I also when to the Rockies store. I purchased a copy of the Rockies Magazine. There are some personal pics of the guys and there is a feature on Huston Street. It's awesome. I got one for Katie also.
Before I go on, I want to mention that Jeff Baker is on the 15 day DL because of a hand sprain (?) or wrist sprain. Either way, I will be following Ian Stewart until Jeffy comes back.
I was in section 147, row 20, seat 9. I loved these seats so much. They are totally awesome. Of course I just love being at Coors Field period. It's so funny, I don't drink; I think that Coors is gross. Yet, I love Coors Field. Coors Field is the only thing I love about Coors.
Ok, game time...
The line-up was "Dex", "Sef Smif" (aka-Seth Smith), "Spilly", Helton, "Stewie", "Tulo", "Barmie", "Netta" and "Cookie". And let me just say, Cookie was awesomeness today. Anyway, the first inning, Cook pitched just 6 pitches I believe. The boys came up and battled. Then it was back to defense. Cook got out of the inning quickly again. Then the boys were back on offense.
I can't remember everything exactly, but I do remember that Troy got caught too far from first and was out. Then with Stewart on third Chris hit a Homerun! (I was on the phone with my finance counselor when this happened. We just hung up as Chris rounded the bases.)
Anyway, just about my boys:
Chris was 2-4: 1 homerun, 3 RBIs, 2 runs. His average is now at .176; and improving.
Troy was 2-4: 1 run, no RBIs. Troy got his average back up to .200. He's improving, slowly but at least his average is rising. (The best news, no injury! Thinking of last season. Unfortunately, no amazing feats either.)
--Totally random but for the month of April Chris and Troy have the same amount of HRs and RBIs.--
Ian was 0-1: 1 run, no RBIs, 2 walks.
--After his homerun today, Chris, Ian and Troy all have 3 homeruns a piece.--

Also totally random, Ian is cute. Just wanted to share. I mean, I got all of the baseball stuff out of the way, so gushing is ok now.

Picture time... My pictures... All taken by me!

Tulo at BP
BP for Stewart (?) with Tulo watching
Stewart "running" bases for BP
Barmes... It looks like he's about to hit Spilly. "Don't do it Clint. It's not worth it." :)
Barmes BP with Tulo and Fowler looking on
Barmes and Tulo
The devil child ERA
Sef Smif
Aaron and Ian... I just thought this looked cool.
Chris and Aaron, pre-game...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun! And awesome pics!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...I forgot to mention that I like Coors. I like beer in general...but you all know I'm not some crazy party girl. But I sometimes will have beer with my parents. But anyway I like Coors, it is so very Colorado which makes me like it even more. I love Golden, I love Coors Field...so yey. lol

Cut6Tulo2Netta20 said...

The first and only time I drank (before I converted mind you) was a sip of Coors Light that went out my nose. It was yucky. That's why not drinking is easy for me, it never appealed to me.

Shane said...

Wow. You were there really early yesterday for all of those BP pictures. I was there up in section 304 just in time for the National Anthem. Great game by Cookie and a perfect spring day for playing hookie.

Cut6Tulo2Netta20 said...

Yes, I agree on all accounts. The reason why I was so early is because of RTD. I live far enough away that the only bus that comes by my house is the 15L. It stops running after a certain time, so I was on the bus by 9:45. I was downtown at about 10:20.

Tiffany said...

You're welcome for the tix! I'm glad you liked your seats!

Tiffany said...

Oh, I meant to ask what issue of the Rockies magazine you have....I can't find mine, but I think it's the one I had mentioned on here before. Are there pics of some of the guys with their families during break and stuff? That was nice of you to buy Katie a copy..

Cut6Tulo2Netta20 said...

That's the one that I got for Katie and I. I didn't know if you had a copy or not. I was going to get you one too. I'm kinda disappointed that I didn't get myself an extra copy. I want to dismantle it for the pictures.

Shane said...

You can get extra copies of any back issue of Rockies Magazine (all the way back to 1993) from the Rockies by calling (303) ROCKIES.

Tiffany said...

I have that issue. I'm good.