Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Opening Day and game 2

So, I got to watch all of the Opening Day game. :p It was nice. I'm so happy to have baseball back!

So, Opening Day. Two of my guys, Tulo and Iannetta, started :p. Jeff Baker got one at bat eventually.
Tulo was 1-4. His one hit was a solo homerun. It was nice to see that from Tulo.
Chris was 1-3. His one hit was a solo homerun. He also had a walk. Back to normal Iannetta form, I guess.
Jeff was 0-1. But I'll let that slide...

So onto tonight's game, Game 2.
Pitcher was my boy U, also known as Ubaldo Jimenez. U pitched for 7 innings; he had four hits, no runs, no earned runs, 3 walks and 8 strike outs. He also got the win. Katie can relay the rest of the pitching (the end, the other important pitcher...)
I'd say that Ubaldo had an awesome first start.

Tulo started and so did Chris, again...
Tulo was 1-4 with yet another homerun (this one in the 5th inning). This is the first time since 2007 that he has homered in back to back games. Am I too optimistic to hope that he's three for three with homeruns tomorrow?
Chris, well, he was 0-4. He did a good job with Ubaldo though, so I'll let him get away with no hits. :)
Jeff didn't play today, but that's ok too. It's ok, especially if him not going in means that the pitcher is doing well. I'd rather have a good pitcher out there instead of seeing a bunch of pinch hitters coming in.

And quickly onto Evan Longoria. The Red Sox won :( Evan was 0-4 :( That's all I have to say about that.

And lastly, totally not baseball but it is connected:
Congrats to the University of North Carolina Tarheels (the college that Chris attended) on their NCAA Basketball Championship.
Too bad these basketball players don't realize that baseball is where it's at. :)

No comments: