Thursday, April 2, 2009

We Have A Closer.

Huston Street has been named the closer after competing with Manny Corpas this spring for the job.

Read about it here.

I was hoping Street would win the closer spot, to me it helps validate the Holliday trade. We'll see how he does of course, I can't make up my mind completely until I see him in action. Not being able to see Spring Training sure messes up my ability to create informed predictions for the season!

What do you think? Did the right man get named closer?

4 days until Opening Day!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Well, I want to hope the right decision was made! I find it interesting that Corpas had better Spring Training numbers than Street. I think in order to prove that the Holliday trade will "pay" off (never will in my opinion!), they have to show that this guy has talent. Plus, Corpas scared me last year. He was all over the place.

Anonymous said...

I've been wary of Corpas ever since he "spilled" water all down himself. haha.

Kap said...

Congrats to Huston, and good luck!

Tiffany said...

LOL Katie!

Kap said...

Ooooooooooooo

I was watching the 'water' game! Ahhh, late nights in front of the lappy in Spain watching Baseball and msning with Katie!

Good times!