Thursday, April 30, 2009

Just remembered something, from the first post of this new blog

Katie, you suggested that we reintroduce ourselves on this new blog. So dang it, I'm going to (while avoiding my school work like the naughty girl I become at the end of my classes).

My name is Misty. I live in Colorado. I am a big Rockies fan, I am a Jay Cutler fan (but that is a story for a different sport in a different season). Moving on...

The four Rockies I will be reporting on are: Troy Tulowitzki, Chris Iannetta, Ubaldo Jimenez and Jeff Baker. The non-Rockie that I follow is Evan Longoria, although I've been neglecting him...

About my four Rockies:
Troy Trevor Tulowitzki- October 10, 1984
Position: Shortstop
Bats: right
Throws: right
Jersey number: 2
Major League Debut: August 30, 2006
Random Fact(s): One of his teammates in college was Evan Longoria, and on April 29, 2007 Troy became the thirteenth man to turn an unassisted triple play.


Christopher Domenic Iannetta- April 8, 1983
Position: Catcher
Bats: right
Throws: right
Jersey number: 20
Major League Debut: August 27, 2006
Random Fact: Played third base for one game last season (April 29, 2008) because of an injury to Troy Tulowitzki.


Ubaldo Jimenez- January 22, 2984
Position: Pitcher
Bats: right
Throws: right
Jersey number: 38
Major League Debut: September 26, 2006
Random Fact: Ubaldo can throw a fastball in the high 90s.


Jeffrey Glen Baker- June 21, 1983
Position: Utility player, sometimes second baseman
Bats: right
Throws: right
Jersey number: 10
Major League Debut: April 4, 2005
Random Fact(s): Shares his birthday with Prince William, was born in Germany.


Evan Michael Longoria- October 7, 1985
Position: 3rd base
Team: Tampa Bay Rays
Bats: right
Throws: right
Jersey number: 3
Major League Debut: April 12, 2008
Random Fact(s): Was AL Rookie of the Year for 2008; plays third base because in college Troy played short already, so he got moved to third base.

No picture of Evan taken by me... Yet.

And even though I haven't gotten approval for this, while Jeff Baker is on the DL, I'll be tracking Ian Stewart. He's become a new favorite of mine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't need a approval! haha

Cut6Tulo2Netta20 said...

I is being a bad girl though. I am working on this essay right now and I still have nothing.

Kap said...

As Jason is in the Minors for a while, I'll adopt Hammel!

Cut6Tulo2Netta20 said...

Sounds like a plan to me. Trade one Jason for another. What is up with all of the Jasons on the pitching staff?