Thursday, April 9, 2009

No Rockies ball today

Today was a travel day for our boys.
Tomorrow is the Home Opener. A certain member (or two) of our team will be there (?). Lucky her (them).
Today we found out about the untimely passing of Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart. He was killed in a car accident, a hit and run by a drunk driver.
Nick was only 22. Upon reading the article, I had tears in my eyes. Just hours before, the boy was pitching and then he was gone. (It reminds me a lot of Darrent. Either way, it's tragic.) The Angels had lost the game the Nick pitched 6 shut-out innings in. But after the loss of Nick Adenhart, I doubt that the Angels give a damn about what the score was or what the outcome was. They probably care about the first 6 innings though.
I just want to add, may he rest in peace.

And after that, back to baseball... Evan Longoria hit his second homerun. That's two in two days. Sounds familiar. Note to Evan: You're not Tulo, so stop trying ;D.

The win of Tampa Bay also signifies that the Boston Red Sox are tied for last place in the AL East. w00t!
Note: The Rockies are at the top, with the Giants, after a 3 whole games. :D The D-Backs are sitting at the bottom, all alone. Exactly where they should be...

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Misty, that was awesome of you to pay tribute to Nick Adenhart. He was so young and it breaks my heart that he passed. They paid tribute to him at the game today, too, and it was touching.

Cut6Tulo2Netta20 said...

If I had been there, I would have probably cried. I was heartbroken when I read about Nick Adenhart. Like I said, it reminded me too much of Darrent.
Let me just say, I hate drunk drivers, that includes Brandon Marshall. Ok, I hate the action of being a drunk driver. The guy who did it, he's got three deaths on his hands. He, the driver, could face 55 years to life and I hope he gets life. All drunk drivers who kill someone deserve to be put behind bars for life.

Tiffany said...

I couldn't agree with you more, Misty. It's irresponsible and stupid. It's not that hard to find one of your friends to drive your drunk ass home. Trust me, I despise drunk drivers as much as you do. TRUST ME! I'll explain later..