Saturday, April 18, 2009

Yahoo! Sports, Wrap of Last Night's Loss and Some Other Junk

Hey all!

Last night's game, as I am sure you know was...disappointing. Our play so far this season has been disappointing. We started out so well too. But hey, I don't feel worried about it just yet. We are doing a lot of things right, just need to fix some things.

Like out bull pen.

And leaving runners on base.

But otherwise, I'm still feeling okay. Once Buchholz gets back I'll be feeling even better. We just need to hope that he brings the Buchholz we know and love, not the balking in the winning run Buchholz we have seen glimpses of.

And hey, what is there to worry about when we are ahead of Arizona in the standings?

Oh, and Hawpe's home run was awesome last night! Congrats to Brad on his first tater of the year!



Troy Tulowitzki is featured in an article on Yahoo! Sports.
I'm sorry to post on your man Misty, I wasn't sure if you would see it, so enjoy!


Tulowitzki Commands Respect Once More

“Maybe, it was the best thing to happen to me. I learned a lot about myself. Maybe I had taken it for granted, playing baseball, getting to walk out onto a big-league field every day. I think I had lost my perspective a little bit. When it was taken away from me, it hurt.” -Troy Tulowitzki


It is a pretty great article, well if you like Tulo that is. Tulo haters won't enjoy it...but who really hates Tulo? haha.

Interesting Stats

I don't know about you guys, but I love to read statistics...when it comes to baseball even I can like math!

Jason Marquis is leading the team with a .600 batting average. Of course that is with only 5 at-bats. But I still find that pretty amusing. Among position players, Ian Stewart has the highest average at .400. In 28 at-bats, Clint Barmes is next on the list with a .286 average. And surprisingly, Chris Iannetta is hitting a mere .048...I have faith that number will go up.

Troy Tulowitzki is leading the team with 3 home runs, followed by Garrett Atkins, Dexter Fowler and Seth Smith all with 2.

Ryan Spilborghs is leading the team with 12 strike outs, followed by Iannetta who has 10.

In other news....Jason Hammel has an ERA of 12.00. Not pretty.

The NL West currently looks something like this:
Los Angeles Dodgers: 8-3
San Diego Padres: 8-3
Colorado Rockies: 4-5
Arizona Diamondbacks: 3-7
San Franciso Giants: 3-7

That puts us 1 game under .500 and 3 games back in the standings. Ugh.


Anyway, the Rockies are on FOX today, not FSN. 1:40 Mountain Time. Cookie takes the mound for us, let us hope for a victory. We need one!

Go Rockies!!!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.