Monday, April 6, 2009

It's BaaaaAAAAAck!

Well, the long wait is over and the day is finally here! After a long and interesting off season the Rockies play their first game today!

The first real game without Matt Holliday is going to be strange...but I can't help but know we are going to be fine without him. We have a great group of guys going into the season and I am so looking forward to watching them. I admit I am really nervous for the game today, I can't really explain why.

Anyway, as I'm sure everyone is, I am very excited! Opening Day is like my favorite holiday! There is so much hope surrounding the first game of the season, every team can believe they're going to go far, and nothing has happened yet to stop them from doing so.

Aaron Cook takes the mound for the boys today, and I feel fully confident in his ability to pitch a good game.

Let's hope Opening Day goes a little better for us than it did last season. :D

Expect a full Rockies Opening Day Report from me sometime after the game.

Happy Baseball Season everyone! Go Rockies!

2 comments:

Kap said...

well, even though it wasn't a win, or a great day for cooky, it is good to see we did't get blown out, and our bats kept us in the game.

NOw to save some cash so I can watch games online!

Tiffany said...

I agree with Kap. At least our bats were keepin' us alive. I felt bad for Cook. He just wasn't with it today.

And Michigan State lost. :( NC just played a beautiful game. I'm sorry Michigan. I don't think you played that well tonight.

Ladies, please post about the next two games since I won't be able to watch :( I have clinicals (ugh) and will be rootin' for the Rockies while attempting to figure out what the hell public health nurses do :D