Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Rockies Wrapping Up Spring

As you may already know, Dexter Fowler has made the Rockies. I for one am very interested to see what happens there. I've been excited to see Fowler in the big leagues for some time now. It does come at a price though, blog-favorite Scott Podsednik was cut. I really enjoyed him last season, but it seems like the Rockies are sticking with the youth. Luckily, Fowler has speed so we won't lose that. And you know what is SO very cool? Like our boy Tulo, Dexter completely skipped playing in AAA. That is AWESOME. Let's just hope it works out well! Click HERE for more information.

In other news, it looks like the rotation is finally set, along with the roster. Here is the starting rotation:

1) Aaron Cook
2) Ubaldo Jimenez
3) Franklin Morales
4) Jason Marquis
5) Jorge De La Rosa

For the most part it doesn't look bad. But I'm nervous for Morales. I just don't have faith in him. But maybe he will prove me wrong, hey I HOPE he proves me wrong. Also related to pitching, I sure hope to get some news on Buchholz soon, I have been worrying about him, I just have this fear he will struggle all season because of the elbow. I really hope that isn't the case! Especially since I have my new Buchholz t-shirt! There are probably like 10 people in the entire world with Taylor Buchholz shirts. haha.

We also have our roster set and the depth chart! You can see that here. I can't tell you why, but looking at the depth chart fascinates me, I can stare at it for twenty minutes and never get bored.

Oh! And the Denver Post twitter alerted me today that the closer job should be decided tomorrow! How exciting!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great reading your blog! I enjoy your insight and opinions on our Rockies. I think that Fowler will be a huge addition, and although I am sad that Scott's gone, I think that the Rockies made the choice for which will help them the most, in the present and in the future. I am not a huge fan of Morales either, especially if he struggles to find the strike zone. If he doesn't, however, then he is very successful. Morales is always going to be inconsistent I think and it is something that Rockies fans have to live with. I look forward to reading some more.
-Doug
http://rockiesmania.mlblogs.com