Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Jay Cutler, My Opinions As a LIFE LONG Fan of the Denver Broncos

by: Katie! :D

Warning, the following post is a bit passionate, and maybe a bit bitchy. But I can't help but share my opinions here as this is a place for us to talk about sports, weather we agree or not.

Anyway, about Jay Cutler...

Send him to Detroit! Gosh this bothers me, he couldn't even TRY it out for one season before completely freaking out? It is really sad when the college football players I know are more mature than that. As you might know, the Wyoming Cowboys coach Joe Glen got fired after last season, leaving many players who liked him on the team. Despite being unsure about our new coach many of our players are at least giving him a shot and attending work outs etc. And no, not all of them like the new coach, but they are still there, trying. Even my 18 year old brother has shown more maturity when it comes to coaching changes.

It just baffles me I guess. Proof that athletes are paid too much money, they become spoiled. Jay should have been happy to be playing in the NFL at all because so few people with that dream really do make it there.

It really saddens me that so many people are blaming the management and McDaniels for this, every coach and owner has the right to test the trade waters with ANY player. Yes, even Mr. High and Mighty Jay Cutler. He took this the completely wrong way. One misunderstanding spiraled out of control in what I am going to call the temper tantrum of the century. I just hope we get a decent QB to replace his ass, although Chris Simms might not be THAT bad.

Granted, I'm sure Jay is not completely at fault with this issue, I'm sure someone in the organization has made him angry in some way, and I am also not trying to say that I am on Josh McDaniels side. Because the man hasn't even coached one game for the Broncos. I am waiting to make an opinion on him. And guess what? I wasn't even sure of what I thought of Jay...sometimes I thought he was awesome, and other times I just wanted to smack him. My Dad, has told me since we drafted Jay, that he doesn't like his attitude. He always calls Jay "The Jerk" and you know what, after what has gone down this off season, I couldn't agree with my Dad more.


Anyway, as someone who grew up in a Broncos-loving family, loving the Broncos myself for my entire existance, I'm still going to be in the orange and blue every Sunday, because after all, I am a fan of the Denver Broncos first and foremost, not the Denver Broncos as led by Jay Cutler. Whoever is the coach, the quarterback, the tight end, the safety, I will cheer for the Broncos forever!

Issues like this really upset me because people forget why they watch football to begin with. No one watches football just because they want to complain about the team's players and front office moves all the damn time. People watch football because it is an awesome game, because it is full of emotions and nerves. There is a reason it is the most popular game in the United States. It brings people together, it creates hatred and love at the same time. Football excites millions of people. Football is simply a game played on a huge national stage, and yet people watch it every week. I assure you that all these Broncos fans who are going crazy will all be in front of their televisions come fall, because no one who loves football, or loves a team can simply give up. That's just not how it works. What did Alex Rodriguez say? Something like "baseball is bigger than A-ROD" well Mr. Cutler, football is bigger than you.


Geez, this is long and I am probably going to get in trouble for sharing my opinion, but the point of blogging is to share opinions. Thanks for reading if you read it all. And remember that we are all entitled to our opinions, and they are allowed to be different. Debates are fine, fighting is bad! :D

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

Katie, I couldn't agree with you more. Misty, please don't feel threatened or attacked by this in any way. Keep in mind, I'm the last person on earth who knows anything about football. I just attended my first football game EVER last September, remember? Also, keep in mind, I'm from Detroit and football there, well, it has been a joke, especially last season. Remember that STELLAR season? Yeah. Let's forget it, shall we?

Anyway, I'm rambling. Katie, you made a great point about respect and love of the game. That's what it boils down to. If you're truly passionate about what you do, then you'll take the all the BS in stride. I mean, for Jay to not even show up to practice or to return McDaniel's phone calls? Wow, shall we wipe your ass, too, Jay? I would be APPALLED if ANY of my favorite players, be they Rockies players, Tigers players or Red Wings players (yes, my allegiance to Detroit shall never die!), acted in such a manner! I get it, things went down that upset multiple people, but communication is KEY. You can't just stomp your feet, scream and get your way.

Anyway, I think the whole situation is ridiculous. I admit, I haven't really been paying much attention to the whole ordeal, but got enough information from Katie and a few others to form a legitimate opinion. Oh, but I must ask, please don't send him to Detroit. Let's not add to the mockery. However, the folks in Detroit wouldn't put up with him. He might learn a thing or two. We're tough people.....with a crappy football team :D

Anonymous said...

I dunno Tiff, maybe Jay would do well there? HAHA.

By the way, if you want to talk about the Red Wings get the heck out of here! Just kidding, I don't even follow hockey that much. :D

Tiffany said...

No, he doesn't belong in Detroit! Hasn't the city been through enough?

HAHA! I love hockey!!! RED WINGS FOR LIFE! I've concealed my identity, no one can hurt me! I love the rivalry that exists between them and the Avs, except when it causes fans to get way too rowdy at games and they start spitting on each other.

Anonymous said...

I like hockey...but they don't fight enough anymore. But I only root for the Avs since I'm Colorado born and raised ya know.

By the way, if you want to post about hockey on here go ahead! We don't need to limit it to baseball and football (or Broncos football for that matter).

Kap said...

Tiff, I used to watch Detroit play, back in the Harrington days.

There was a guy with an awesome professional attitude, and Detroit still didn't like him.

Perhaps this is the wake up call Jay needs. Obviously he was an exceptional talent at Vandy, and Shanny seemed to have pandered to him somewhat. Hopefully this experience will help him mature as a person, just not on any team good enough to win an SB before Denver! :)

Tiffany said...

Katie, I concur. There isn't enough fighting in hockey anymore. I miss the olden days when guys would skate out on the ice, throw off their gloves and just start throwing punches. My dad and I would just laugh. *sigh* I miss those days. Katie, of course I understand that you support the Avs since you're a native of CO! I wasn't contesting that at all! Now you've opened Pandora's Box by allowing me to post about hockey...heheheh.

Kap, I have to admit that I never followed football in Detroit. My dad wasn't interested in it, therefore, neither was I. I am basing my opinions off of what I've witnessed in my time in Detroit as a Tigers/Red Wings fan. I'm thinking there had to be a reason Detroit didn't like the guy?

Anonymous said...

He wasn't hot enough right Kap? hahaha

Kap said...

Joey not hot enough?

Now you're just teasing!

Cut6Tulo2Netta20 said...

I care, but I don't want to make a big deal about it. You all know my position on the matter. No matter what anyone says about Jay, it was not about football with Jay. I think Jay is hot, end of story. I will think Jay is hot whether he be a Bronco, a Brown, a Bear, a Dolphin, a Buc or a Jet. I am a Jay fanatic.
This is where things get tricky though. I want the Broncos to lose. I want certain players to do well, don't get me wrong. As a whole team, I want them to fail. I want it pinned on Josh McDaniels.
I didn't like the Broncos before and I won't like them as a whole after Jay.
After this, I don't care... Baseball is what we should be talking about. Not attacking the character of Jay Cutler.

Cut6Tulo2Netta20 said...

By the way, I may not like the Broncos again now, but there is no way in hell, unless Jay went to the Raiders, that I would cheer for the Raiders. A customer at work who is a Raidiers fan pissed me off so much that I have determined that even a Jay-less Broncos has more right to win than the damned Raiders.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Misty, but this blog has always been about football and baseball, I think everyone should be able to talk football if they want to. And actually, any other sport for that matter...or any team. Since you hate the Broncos talk about which ever team you chose, I don't see a problem with that.