Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Opening Day...the Worst One Ever.

The cable company in Wyoming BLOCKED the game. They played the entire pre-game and then switched to go-kart racing.

I was pissed to say the least. I guess they are blocking a total for 45 games for some reason, I emailed and called and complained but there still isn't a good enough answer.

But I don't get the game tonight either. I get Thursday's game and then pretty much the rest of April is blocked here. Same with May. But I'll be done with school around May 9th so once that happens I'll be happy.

Anyway, I bought the MLB Radio for $15.00 and that should be enough to get me through. I'm also going home this weekend so I can watch those games.

But here is my Opening Day analysis...it is slightly less than I had planned to write, but that is because I was so upset about not seeing the game. I also have a hard time with the radio...I get distracted. lol

So...first, I must say I was disappointed that Clint Barmes didn't get the start at second. :( That was the most upsetting thing of the day until I realized the game wasn't going to be on. And really...I can understand blocking games but WHY ON EARTH would you block OPENING DAY. So sorry this rant is never going to end just be warned.

Second comment....the home runs were crazy! I saw Seth Smith's on Baseball Tonight and couldn't believe how far he jacked that! Same goes for Iannetta's, I didn't see Tulo's. :(

I have to mention Brad Hawpe on here, I've been saying all off-season that this was going to be his year, and so far so good. What a great asset to our team. :D

Now for some more serious analysis(that is a joke fyi)

My mom called me yesterday to tell me how hot Huston Street is, as if I didn't know. But we spent a good ten minutes discussing how his good-looks really make us feel better about the Holliday trade.

Speaking of Holliday...I watched him on ESPN last night and green really isn't his color...I did enjoy seeing him get a hit, and pick his nose. haha.

I really don't have anything good to say...I had this whole intro planned out before the game started and I just got so upset by what happened I don't even feel like talking about it really. But I was going to tell you all that Opening Day is a holiday better than Christmas and how much I love it.

Needless to say Christmas was canceled for me yesterday.haha I am the MOST melodramatic person EVER.

I'm not even upset about the loss, we have a lot of baseball ahead. Tonight Ubaldo is pitching, and it should be fun. I'll be listening to the game on the radio while watching American Idol (Go Kris Allen!). Hopefully my blog coverage of the games gets a little better.

Sorry this post was 95% complaining. lol

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the stupid cable company. I just got the $15 MLB Gameday Audio too so I can listen when I'm at work. $15's not to bad for the audio, especially when the $100 MLB.TV package gets blacked out if you're in the broadcast area for the team.

I just started reading this blog and I'm really enjoying your writing so far.

Kap said...

The subscription from work finally dried up (not bad given the guy it was with left 2 years ago), so now I will have to find the money to buy mlb.tv

Stupid NZ tv

Cut6Tulo2Netta20 said...

Can't say I've got any problems with watching the game. I love having cable! And living in Colorado helps too. Now, if I move to Utah, then I only have the Salt Lake Bees.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

I wish I had cable :( I'm not sure I'm in a position to be paying for mlb.tv...bummer!

Cut6Tulo2Netta20 said...

I may get all the games, but that doesn't mean I get to see them all. Today I was stuck at work. I have to rely on others to give me the score. So, sorry for bragging. Plus, I have a brother who hates baseball. He calls it boring.

Tiffany said...

I didn't say you were bragging nor did I think you were, so no worries!

Yes, most of my friends in Denver (you know, all three of them) say baseball is boring, but my friends back in the Big D LOVE IT. I wish they all lived here...

Cut6Tulo2Netta20 said...

I hate not having a game to watch right now. It so sucks. I watched the Lizzie Maguire Movie instead.