Thursday, April 23, 2009

No Baseball Today


So what should you do with your time? Should you do house work, or homework? Or anything else that may be considered productive?

No. You should not.

You should watch Friday Night Lights.

Not the movie, although that is good too, but the TV show.

If you haven't watched this at all, I must tell you, you are missing out on some great dramatic TV!

The show is set in the football-obsessed town of Dillon, Texas. It follows the lives of the head coach and his players, along with their families, friends and love interests. It is much more than a show about football, and it sucks you in from the get-go. It is full of interesting characters, all who I feel have been developed pretty well. I have found myself literally yelling at the TV while watching, but that is because I'm weird. I yell at the characters, I cheer for the team during games...what can I say? I am obsessed.

The football games are all a bit dramatic, and almost all of them come down to the final minutes. There is so much drama that goes on, both on the field and off, and at times it may be a bit unrealistic. But it is such good drama! Plus there is a character for everyone's taste. You find yourself rooting for them to succeed in school, in love and in sports. My favorite character is the brooding bad-boy Tim Riggins, played by one of my main-men Taylor Kitsh. In the first few episodes he comes off as a complete ass, but the more you watch you just can't help but love Tim. Shout out to Shelbi who likes the adorable quarter back Matt Saracen! And ladies, the dudes on this show are HOT! hehe



Anyway, I am happy to tell you that the entire season 1 and season 2 are on www.hulu.com, so you really have no excuse not to watch now. Haha. My favorite episode is from season 1, called Mud Bowl. So yeah, watch this show! Even if you don't love football it is a good watch, very intriguing, at least for me.


Oh yea....FNL is on NBC! Watch it online here!


Do you already watch FNL? If so who is your favorite character!


First picture found here: click
Second picture found here: click

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I've been dying to read that book, so I guess I have to get addicted to a new show, too! :D Thanks for the suggestion, Katie. I'm counting down the days until I can actually read a book for pleasure again....and watch tv without stressing about getting a paper written!

Anonymous said...

I can bring you the book if you wanna borrow it! :D

Tiffany said...

OMG, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! That would be awesome. I have The Bronx is Burning and you can borrow that when I'm done reading it!