Friday, April 10, 2009

Home Opener Live Blog!

Hey, I'll be writing this AS the game plays. Hopefully it isn't too weird. :D I might not do this again, we'll see how it works out. I do this a lot on a piece of paper or in a world document so I can see me initial thoughts of the game, but I'm going to do it here and see how it goes. It will probably be stupid and boring. Don't expect it ALL to be about the game, during commercials I might comment on some other things haha.

Initial thoughts, at the end of the first inning: What the crap. Our base running CANNOT be like that anymore. I also hope Marquis does a bit better in his next innings. My Grandma is at the game and I'm SO jealous of her, I'm not even in Wyoming today, I could be at the game since I'm only 15 minutes away from Coors. The fly over went over my house though, like they usually do, and that was cool.

Top of the second:
Dammit, lead off double. This is scaring me. Ugh. now there are two runners on....error on Tulo, although the ball did take a weird bounce. Dang 1-0 Phillies, not good. But luckily we got the out. I'm glad Fowler got the start today by the way, interesting move. But after how well he did in Arizona why not let him start in the home opener? Plus the lead off hit was cool, too bad it didn't work out. Phew, I'm glad that was an out, I thought it was hit harder off the bat. Hamels is hitting now. Shout out to Kim, who adopted him! Haha he played some golf there.:D Luckily its only 1-0 and not worse.

Bottom of the second: Garrett Atkins is leading off...takes first pitch for a strike. Garrett still doesn't have a hit this season, and that doesn't change with the ball he just hit to right field. He'll get one next time. Hawpe at the plate, first pitch is a ball. I can't tell you how excited I am for Hawpe this season, he is definitely one of my favorite Rockies and he has a great opportunity to shine with Holliday gone. 3-1 count on Hawper...now 3-2. Tulo is on deck, I hope Brad can get on. Hit the ball deep to center field and right into Shane Victorino's glove. Dang. Here comes Tulo. *clap clap clap clap clap Tu-lo* 2-1 count on Tulo, with 2 outs. now 3-1....good job being patient Troy, he has gotten better at that. Yey a walk to Troy! A lot of those pitches he would have swung at in his rookie season. Aww they just showed the injury report and I see Taylor's picture. *sad* Drew Goodman just said Taylor has started some throwing so that's good. Chris Iannetta is hitting now. 0-2 on Chris. 1-2. 2-2....damn a swing and a miss. Boo, we need to play better.

Top of third: I hope the Rockies get 7 runs today, just so I can get some tacos. Usually I'm in Wyoming and they don't do the tacos there which makes me want to cry. Because I don't need cheap food when I'm in Colorado since my parents feed me. When I'm at school I want the cheap food. Anyway, first hit of the inning right to Barmie who throws to Helton for an out. 1 out. 2-0 on Shane Victorino, who I really like when he isn't playing the Rockies...I saw him on John and Kate plus 8 and got way jealous of them. Walk to Shane, 1 runner on first, 1 out and Chase Utely...shout out to Tiffany who is at the game...is hitting. 1-1 count. I would love for him to hit into a double play right now. 1-2...weird pitch, great heads-up block from Iannetta...if he hadn't been paying attention Victorino would be on second. Dangit, I spoke to soon. He did it again and now he IS on second. YEY!!! Uteley strikes out! 2 outs, Victorino on 2nd. Ryan Howard is hitting, 1-0 count. He is huge, which I'm sure you know already. Hit to Spilly for an out...3 outs! Yey!

Bottom of the third: Do you guys like the show Friday Night Lights? I'm obsessed with it. If you aren't watching it you should be. Back to baseball now. Dinger is a jackass. Clint Barmes to lead off the inning, c'mon Clint!!! 0-1....dammit Clint, if you swing you better hit it. lol. 0-2. He always looks so worried when he is hitting, its so funny. Foul ball. LONG foul ball. Damn I want to be at Coors so bad right now. It looks so sunny and green. :( Another foul ball. ANOTHER foul ball. Way to eat up some pitches Clint! YEY!!!!!!! Lead off double from my main man!! My grandma better be cheering for him, she knows how much love I have for him. haha. Jason Marquis is hitting now...he is a bad bunter so far. 1-1 count. He keeps hitting the bunts foul. 1-2 count..2-2. George Frazier just told me that Marquis has some home runs, so let him hit! lol. YEY!!! They took my advice!! Clint Barmes scores on a single by Jason Marquis!!! 0 out, tie game, Fowler at the plate with Marquis on first. YEY FOR BASEBALL!! :D Dexter bunts....pulls a Willy Taveras...OMG WHAT THE CRAP. STUPID UMPIRE! HE WAS NOT OUT OF THE BASELINE. USE THE REPLAY! USE THE REPLAY! God. that SUCKS. Now the runner doesn't even advance. LAME. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Anyway. Spilly is hitting...1 out with Marquis at 1st. Fowler looks pissed in the dugout which he should be. SPILLY HITS A DEEP BALL!! Marquis stops at 3rd, 4th double for Ryan this season! Damn I love Ryan! :D Time for Helton to get some RBIs. 1-1 on Todd. 1-2 on Helton. Foul ball. 2-2. Did you know how much I love the national league? Designated hitting is for chumps, I love when a pitcher hits and runs the bases. Makes me happy. Anyway Helton hits to second base and scores Marquis. 2-1 Rockies, 2 outs. Watching Helton hit its hard to believe he had back surgery. What a stud. Okay Spilly is on 3rd for Atkins.Garrett still looking for his first hit of the season. PERFECT FIRST HIT! PERFECT!!! HOME RUN GARRETT ATKINS!!!!!! Scores SPILLY 4-1 ROCKIES!! YAY FOR GARRETT!!!! GOD THAT WAS PRETTY. Garrett has one of the prettiest swings in the MLB. Hawpe just hits a ground-rule double! YEY!! The bats are waking up! In your face Hamels! Boring, a visit to the mound. While we wait for more ball, I want to point out how attractive Brad Hawpe is. I'm sorry but its true. I'm gonna be honest with you all here and tell you I think he is the best looking Rockies player. Yeah, throw stones at me but its true. Here comes Tulo. He needs an RBI too.lol. 1-0 count. YES!!!!!!! Hawpe scores!!! TROY HIT A TRIPLE!! 5-1 Rockies!! My mom just yelled from downstairs "WHO NEEDS HOLLIDAY?" haha. She rules.Okay Iannetta is up now, but pops up and ends the misery for the Phillies. WHAT AN INNING! :D

Top of the fourth:
That last paragraph was really long. I hope this one isn't because that will mean the Phillies do well. God I love baseball. Okay sorry I missed the beginning of this at-bat because my brother called. Jayson Werth is hitting...he just hit a double. Hawpe looks like his hand may be hurt, not good. Not good at all.NICE PLAY FROM BARMIE!

Okay, I'm sorry but I have to end here. I apologize, but I am going to go dye Easter eggs with my little brother. Sorry! But I'll post after the game.

GO ROCKIES!

1 comment:

Kap said...

Yay for G!

I'm glad you got your Taco Bell Katie! And yes, G does have a great swing. I'm glad he got his first hit! I was talking about sac' flys with my mother today, and she actually GETS the reasoning behind them!